Starting April 28, 2017 you must submit the new Form I-130A along with your I-130 petition if you’re filing for an immigrant visa (green card) for your spouse. This form provides information on the non-U.S. spouse and must be signed by the spouse IF the spouse is in the U.S. If the spouse is abroad, the form must be completed and submitted but it does not have to be signed. The new I-130A replaces the G-325A form that was previously required for spousal petitions.

USCIS has updated and changed many forms recently. Pay close attention to using the correct forms and fees when you file or the government will reject your filing and send everything right back to you.